Isaac: I read to our friend Charlie about Zeus. He's a white alpaca and his parents came from Peru in South America. He eats grass, hay and grain. He makes very soft yarn to make warm hats, gloves, scarves and mittens. I forget if we saw Zeus. Mary Jane told me that Chile, Bolivia and Peru were in South America. Their son showed us how the alpacas got into the field and how the black one couldn't come down because of the gates. They made compost with the alpaca poop.
Ruby: Well, I went inside the pen. I fed the alpacas and I had to be quiet and not run over to them because they would be scared of me. And then they let them out. Only the men have fighting teeth, and I wasn't in the men's pen. The black alpaca thinks he is in charge. They were selling one of the baby alpacas soon.
Peter: I loved it and hope we can maybe take a look at the alpaca farm down the road. Also, I was surprised that they only had one chicken and that we saw the egg that she had laid. I sort of wish that the alpacas were more friendly. I was surprised that holding out my hand was a threat to them - they thought I was like a predator if I did that. I wish I had brought my wallet because I would have liked to have that alpaca teddy bear (me too, say Ruby and Isaac).
Anna: (there was a heavenly soft teddy bear in her store made of alpaca fleece - made in Peru - oh my, we really liked that!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment